SCHEDULE AND HOLIDAY UPDATES!
Thank you all for a great first two weeks, we are off to such a great start! Thank you all for doing such a great job of following our new protocols, the kids have done a wonderful job at keeping safe!
With the coming Labor Day Weekend, we will have a few changes. We WILL have a Bootcamp this SATURDAY, but we will be doing it on ZOOM at 11am. We will be using dumbbells and a chair so doing it outside is a little harder. And this way, if you have to miss it, you will be able to pull it up anytime after on our YOUTUBE page!
We will NOT have practice next Monday due to Labor Day and Westminster Campus being closed.
WEEKDAY BOOTCAMPS ON YOUTUBE!
With all the new CoVid protocols, we are not currently doing regular drylands at practice like before. BUT, we have a great solution! We are going to be utilizing our recorded bootcamps from the spring for the next few weeks, and ideally the kids can do them in the mornings before school-or getting online for virtual school! There are 4 Bootcamps below and they can do them anytime! And the best thing about that is it allows us to use our entire pool time in the pool! We hope to return to being able to do drylands in person once things calm down, but in the meantime this is a great chance for the kids to get even MORE out of their training! I WILL BE TALKING TO THE KIDS ABOUT THESE AT PRACTICE TOO SO THEY KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS!
Hopefully everyone has had a chance to get their swimmer's needed equipment by now! I would really like them to have a kickboard and swim fins to bring to practice each day! We will not start using the fins til next week, so if you do not have them I recommend ordering them on Swimoutlet.com.
THANK YOU all again and see you at the pool!
WEEKDAY DRYLANDS WEEK OF 8/29/20 (DO ANYTIME!):
We are SO excited to be back in the water this Fall and we are very blessed to be given this opportunity! BEGINNING AUG 17TH WE WILL BE SWIMMING AT WESTMINSTER'S SUMMER CAMP OUTDOOR POOL! Due to the new realities we are facing, we have several new policies we will have to follow, and they are posted below.
Also, we are not able to be in the water with our swimmers right now, so we will NOT be having a Group 1 this Fall. All swimmers will need to be able to complete a 25 yard length of Freestyle and Backstroke to be able to join. Our new times for each group are:
Group 2: 5:00-5:45pm
Group 3: 5:45-6:45pm
Group 4: 6:45-8:30pm
Email email@example.com with any other questions you may have!
B.A. COVID-19 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
· All athletes must return a signed copy of waiver to be permitted to attend practice.
· When arriving at the facility, be sure to practice social distancing when parking and walking to the pool.
· Athletes will only be permitted to enter the pool area 5 minutes before their scheduled practice. If they arrive early, they must wait in their car until the appropriate time to enter the pool area.
· Athletes must leave the property immediately at the completion of any practice. There should be no socializing in the parking lot before or after any practice.
· Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the pool area at any time and are expected to practice social distancing and waiting in their car.
· Athletes will be guided to a specific entrance to enter/exit the pool area.
· Athletes should be prepared to arrive and depart in their suits.
· Restroom breaks will be limited to one person at a time for each locker room and will only be for emergencies. Locker rooms will not be used for changing or showering.
· There will be a plan for athletes to leave their personal belongings in an assigned space to ensure social distancing on the pool deck. We ask that you only bring what is necessary for practice and limit the items that come into the facility. Once athletes enter the pool area, they will go immediately to their assigned spot and await instructions from their coach.
· Athletes should bring their own water bottles (already filled). Use of the water fountains at the facility will be prohibited.
· Athletes will swim with a maximum of four (4) athletes per lane, staggering their start positions within lanes to ensure social distancing.
· For us all to stay healthy and be able to keep swimming, we ask our athletes to please practice responsible social distancing when they are away from the pool as well.
· Athletes and families who travel by air, or to an area deemed high risk by the staff, will need to self-isolate for 14 days before returning to practice. We are expecting clear communication and full transparency from families on this.
· Our staff will be disinfecting the bathrooms throughout the day and we will provide disinfecting wipes inside the restrooms as well.
Good Morning and Happy Week 2 to all of you! I hope you made it through the weekend and are looking ahead to a fun week of finding new ways to keep your children-and yourselves-from going nuts! NO BETTER WAY TO CURB THAT STRESS THAN WORKING OUT!!! We are really going to need our endorphins this week so find a class you can do or just pull up any workout you want on YouTube! And make sure your phone number is added to your account and you are allowed to receive texts! I will start using texts today!
This week we will have these options:
Morning CORE/STRETCH: Tues-Thur, 7:30-8am
B.A. BOOTCAMP-Groups 1&2: Mon-Thur, 4:30-5pm
B.A. BOOTCAMP-Groups 3&4: Mon-Thu, 5-6pm
B.A. Saturday Bootcamp-All Groups- 1-2pm
*WE WILL BE OFFERING THE BOOTCAMPS OUTSIDE AT SECOND PONCE-EXCEPT WHEN IT RAINS!!! MONDAY IS GOING TO RAIN SO WE WILL BE DOING MONDAY'S BOOTCAMP ONLINE ONLY!!!*
ACCESS TODAY'S CLASSES LIVE ON ZOOM AT THIS LINK:
Join Zoom Meeting
Copyright © 2020 Buckhead Aquatics - All Rights Reserved.